27, Kwan Tei North Village
Fanling, New Territories
4 Bedrooms (4 Ensuites); 4.5 Bathrooms; Separate Living and Dining Room; 2 Family Rooms; 1 Utility Room; 2 Maid's Room; 2 Balconies; 4 Terraces; Garden
4 uncovered parking spaces
- This gated residence is located within the serene setting of a stunning, private park. Two guarded entrance gates and driveways lead towards this grand, colonial residence which represents a fascinating balance between western and eastern culture. Situated in the New Territorries near the Chinese border it offers easy access to the Special Economic Region of Shenzhen, the Fanling Golf Club and is still only a 45 minutes drive away from Central, Hong Kong. The entire property offers magnificent, tranquil greenery and lake views. The Estate comprises a grand, colonial two story residence, a guest house with three ensuite bedrooms and domestic servants' quarters.
- This Palatial property offers abundant space and privacy, waiting for a visionary new owner to utilize it to its full potential.
- The main house features floor-to-ceiling, sparkling, crystal cut windows with exotic wooden frames, marble flooring, floor mosaiccos, wrought iron balustrades throughout the residence.
- Entering the ground floor from the courtyard entrance one immediately captures the colonial atmosphere of the house. Porticoes on both sides and a fountain in the courtyard create charming background. A large dining room, a formal reception room, a private living and dining room and a guest washroom can be found on the ground floor. The living and dining room has a small conservatory attached to it which could be used as a tea or breakfast room. Further down the hallway there a fountain room with octagonal water feature and white columns which adds to the lovely atmosphere.
- The hallway has a row of double doors facing the inner courtyard, and it leads towards the grand foyer with a double-door entrance from the park side. There is marble flooring with mosaicco features and wrought iron balustrades throughout the house.
- The entree area leads towards the grand atrium hall which impresses with a very high ceiling, crystal chandeliers and a grand marble staircase.
- On the first floor are four ensuite bedrooms, all of considerable size with high ceilings and stucco decoration. Some bedrooms have domed ceilings. Master bedroom has access to a large terrace overlooking the park. Two other bedrooms have access to a porticoe and narrow wrap around balconies. Master bedroom has a large dressing room attached to it. Master bathroom features a Sauna, a bathtub and a standing shower.
- Upper floor can be reached through two different staircases and both have a spacious landing which could be used as a family sitting area.
- Kitchen is situated across the courtyard, only a few steps away from the formal reception and dining rooms. It is professionally equipped and would be able to cater for up to 300 guests. There are utility rooms for laundry and storage as well as helper's quarters and bathrooms attached to the kitchen block.
- Principal features of the park are planted and layed out like an Imperial Chinese garden, including a stone bridge, a gallery along the lake, a Ceremonial Hall, a two story principal pavillion in the style of the Qing Dynasty as well as some smaller pavillions.
- A long stone tiled terrace offers great views of the Ng Tung river which runs along the southern border of the estate. The terrace can ideally be used for banquet settings, performances or cocktail receptions.
- The main residence has porticoe style balconies on two sides running along the upper floor which can be accessed by two of the bedrooms. The master bedroom has its own terrace attached. There are porticoes running along the ground floor with access to the inner courtyard.
- Along the park side of the house are two podium level terraces whith beautiful tranquil greenery views.